Friday, October 9, 2009

First Post


So today's the day I've decided to get my creative juices flowing through a blog. I've been wanting to start a blog for quite sometime now! Thanks for stopping by... I'll have more to come!
So you need a quick gift to a friend or relative? Keep some Quiznos (Quik Trip has great carriers too) drink carriers on hand, wrap some of your favorite papers around it and then fill with whatever you want. This gift was for my mother-in-law who watches our 3 year old daughter... just a little thank you for 3 great years of lots of lovin and tender hugs. Renee started pre-school in August so she misses her so! :-{
I made some of my favorite chocolate chip cookies to go inside... I have such a weakness for baked treats so of course I made them so I could sneak a few too.
If you like plump chewy cookies, here's the recipe:
Gourmet Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 C. Butter, softened
1 C. Dark brown sugar, packed
1 C. Light brown sugar, packed
1 Tbsp. Vanilla extract
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Baking powder
2-1/2 C. Flour
1-1/2 tsp. Salt
4 C. Walnuts, chopped (optional)
3 C. Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Cream butter in a large bowl. Beat in sugar, a little at a time; beat until light. Stir in vanilla extract. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir salt into flour and add to butter. Add nuts and chocolate chips. Chill batter for an hour and drop by 1/4 C. measurements on buttered baking sheets. Bake at 375 for 12 - 15 minutes; cool on rack.
Carrier Recipe:
Stamps: Upsy Daisy, Yummy
Cardstock: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Apricot Appeal, Ginger Blossom (SU) dp
Ink: Ink: Black, Groovy Guava, Ruby Red
Accessories: SU Groovy Guava, Black polka dot ribbon from stash, twine, small hole punch, dimensionals, cello bags from Michaels, drink carrier from Quiznos

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful creation! Were you going to be dropping that by my house sometime? :)
    Nice work, Nettie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! You make the best crafts. I love everything I've ever seen you do. I have a couple of your projects on my desk at work and I get so many compliments about how awesome they are. I say Yup! Thats my best friends work! I can't wait to see what you post next!

    ReplyDelete