Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Jingle All The Way


A decorative block... one of many things on my list I wanted to make for the holidays.  I so happened to be at Hobby Lobby in the scrapbooking section a few weeks ago and low and behold an entire end isle solely dedicated to these glass blocks, the lights and the stands.  I used Stampin Up's Jingle All the Way Decore Element piece which was a cinch to adhere.  I bought the ribbon at Hobby Lobby too so I guess you could say everything was bought at HL except for the phrase.  Needless to say I've been back to HL several times to purchase more goods. 

What's great about these blocks is that there is already a rectangular hole drilled into the bottom of the block with a plastic cap that goes over the hole so you can fill it with whatever you'd like actually. The blocks are $10, the lights are $4 and the stands are $5 I think but you could use a coupon and save a few bucks.  Just a tip when you buy the lights, make sure you look to see what color the light cording is.  I picked up some lights not even looking and put them in the block... was green cording and I didn't like as much as the white.


I'll be making these using the small square blocks for Renee's teachers for Christmas and I've had a request from my sister-in-law that she'd like one.  I brought the block into work and started a block craze.  I have to say this picture doesn't do the whole ensemble justice, it just lights up the room.

Here is a sideview.

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment