Sunday, November 29, 2009

Holiday Tags with Top Note Box


Shows you what a 4-day weekend does for ya... I finally finished my December club tags...  Tim, Renee and I hunkered down after the feedfest on Thanksgiving day.  Tim continued to recover from knee surgery while chumming it up with the television and football while the other two sickies in the house slugged Mucinex and Robitussin DM.  With several days to recoup, I think we're all on the road to recovery!!!  Thansgiving has come and gone... now everyone is thinking and planning for the Christmas holiday... yeah, I have lots of projects up  my sleeve and little time.  Yikes!!


For the red and green tags I cut small strips of paper then folded and sewed together.  Cut a small tag to fit inside and embellished.  With the green pendant tags I found it easier to cut out the stamped image first and cut to form the pendant and then adhere to a rectangular piece of the green and then trim the green to mat.

To make the top note die boxes, I used real red cs and the Houndstooth Cuttlebug folder to emboss my paper first.  Then I cut the embossed pieces using the top note die.  Cut to size small white bags I bought from Michaels then sandwiched the bag between two top note pieces and adhered.  Then while flattened, I used my oval punch to punch the handle.  Although I didn't realize until after I had punched all my boxes that the punch caught the sides of the bag as well and punched small pieces out... not a huge deal but next time I think I will pull out the sides of the bag and then do my punching.  I just love these little guys.



Recipe:

Stamps: Just Beclause, Snowfall

Paper: Real Red, Old Olive, Whisper White

Ink: Basic Black

Accessories: SU Top Note die, SU Eyelet Border punch, Papertrey Vintage buttons, Cuttlebug Houndstooth emboss folder, SU large oval punch, twine, silver cording from Hobby Lobby, Michaels ribbon, SU markers, small white bags from Michaels.

No comments:

Post a Comment